Prenatal care schedule
Regular prenatal care is important to keeping you and your baby healthy throughout your pregnancy. Appointments are times for your provider to monitor your health and your baby's development, and time for you to get to know your provider and prepare for your upcoming labor.
Prenatal care schedules are individualized and can change based on your and your baby's health. Generally, you can expect:
- An initial appointment between 10 and 12 weeks.
- Appointments every four weeks for your first two trimesters.
- An anatomy scan (ultrasound) around week 18.
- Appointments every two weeks starting at approximately 30 weeks.
- Appointments every week starting at 36 weeks until delivery.
Our office supports patients seeking as natural a childbirth as possible and we encourage all patients to carry to term. We discourage elective cesarians or inductions, but will discuss these options with you should they become medically necessary.